Sheley, Hall & Williams has extensive experience assisting clients in forming strategic joint ventures for real estate acquisition and development projects.
Our attorneys assist our clients in structuring the investment and ownership vehicles of the joint venture, limited liability company (LLC) or partnership. We also work closely with each client’s tax advisers to address any tax strategy and potential issues arising out of the joint venture.
Sheley, Hall & Williams has often worked to structure multi-layer joint ventures between developer insiders and outside third-party, institutional equity sources. We understand the need for flexibility by the developer while at the same time preserving the rights of the institutional equity member to approve all “major” decisions. We pride ourselves in bringing a rational “get the deal done” approach to the structuring and negotiation of such operating agreements.
Recent projects handled by our attorneys include:
- Structuring mezzanine financing as preferred equity in a complex joint venture with a New York hedge fund for a national industrial developer;
- The restructuring of an Atlanta industrial real estate fund’s documents to admit new equity from a New York hedge fund and real estate investor;
- Formation of complex joint venture structure to develop projects in Gwinnett County, Georgia, Savannah, Georgia and Charleston, South Carolina for a mixed-use and residential apartment developer;
- Formation of joint venture with Boston-based investment partner for the development of Inman Park site adjacent to Beltline for construction of mixed-use project for an Atlanta infill developer;
- Formation of joint ventures with Boston-based investment partner for the development of two cutting-edge residential condominium projects on Peachtree Street in Midtown and on Peachtree Road in Buckhead for an Atlanta developer;
- Formation of a complex joint venture for $100 million build-to-suit development in Patterson, California for an Atlanta industrial real estate fund; and
- Structuring of an equity investment by an Atlanta private equity fund into a military housing developer.
Sheley, Hall & Williams, P.C. is a professional corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Georgia.
Photo by Timothy Hursley