Sheley, Hall & Williams primarily represents two types of clients with respect to transactional matters:
- larger institutional clients, such as Weeks Robinson Industrial Fund, Hines, GE Asset Management, Brookdale Realty Group and UBS Realty Investors, in the development or acquisition and disposition of office, retail, multifamily, hotel and industrial properties; and
- smaller entrepreneurial clients, with respect to the development of projects in all product types, from land acquisition through development and on to the ultimate sale of the project.
Our attorneys and staff at Sheley, Hall & Williams handle all aspects of traditional transactions such as:
- Original contract negotiation
- Debt and equity structuring
- Venture structuring
- Real estate due diligence
- Title and survey review
- Preparation of closing documents
- Closing the transaction
Additionally, given our extensive leasing background, Sheley, Hall & Williams routinely handles the due diligence review of multiple leases associated with office, retail or industrial acquisitions and has the ability simultaneously to manage large or multiple acquisitions.
Sheley, Hall & Williams offers special expertise in the following areas:
- Section 1031 tax free exchanges
- UBIT and REIT issues
- Public and private partnerships
- Formation of complex real estate fund structures
- “PILOT” bond transactions and other public/private partnership transactions
- Hotel transactions, including the negotiation of hotel management and related technical services agreements
- Negotiation of operating agreements and joint venture agreements
We work closely with each client, consulting with general counsel, tax counsel or accountants as needed, and take pride in our ability to predict and swiftly respond to the dynamic nature of complex transactions.
- Restructuring of an Atlanta industrial real estate fund’s documents to admit new equity and the acquisition and financing of multiple industrial buildings and land parcels in California, Texas, Florida and Maryland for the fund;
- The acquisition, development and sale of Inman Park site adjacent to Beltline for construction of mixed-use project for an Atlanta infill developer;
- Two cutting-edge residential condominium projects on Peachtree Street in Midtown and on Peachtree Road in Buckhead for an Atlanta developer;
- Sale of 30 acres in Buckhead to Texas-based multi-family developer for Atlanta family trusts;
- Development projects in Gwinnett County, Georgia, Savannah, Georgia and Charleston, South Carolina for a mixed-use and residential apartment developer;
- Acquisition and financing of a major office tower in Fort Worth, Texas and suburban office park in Roswell/Alpharetta, Georgia for an Atlanta real estate fund;
- A $100 million build-to-suit development in Patterson, California for an Atlanta industrial real estate fund;
- The acquisition and financing of a major big-box shopping center in Newnan, Georgia for a New York real estate fund;
- The acquisition of two large class “A” office buildings in Charlotte, North Carolina for an institutional owner/developer;
- Sale of a class “A” office building in Coral Gables, Florida for a private investor;
- Multiple developments including three hotel projects with connectivity to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and a two-hotel project in Orlando, Florida for an Atlanta developer; and
- Development of former Fort Gillem U.S. Army Base in Forest Park, Georgia for a Master Developer.
Sheley, Hall & Williams, P.C. is a professional corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Georgia.